As the year draws to a close and we recharge the batteries with a family holiday, we find ourselves reflecting on the year that was 2013.
What an incredible year of growth it was, both personally and professionally. We celebrated the huge milestone of Ryan quitting his day job to work on SGH full time. Man, that's been big! The timing coincided with our eldest daughter starting school, which has afforded us more work / family flexibility.
Going to sports day, reading to the class & attending her school concert (omg soooo cute) will stay in the memory bank forever. This has meant the world to Grace also!
And to suddenly work for oneself? This has got to be the most exciting, scary, demanding, challenging, satisfying thing ever. Loving it!
Some of our other highlights from last year included -
1. Having our first textiles range manufactured on beautiful organic cotton to be used with our Wonder Tents and Bed Rolls. So proud and thrilled with the result.
2. Taking our product range to the wholesale market and working with 20 of the best children's stores in Australia. Super cool.
3. Meeting & learning from some very inspiring & wonderful people from all over the globe.
4. Participating in The Design Files Open House... See more about that here.
To have our work chosen to sit alongside the best Australian made design was such a rush. I'm still fantasising about owning that Hawthorn house!
5. Building a big shiny new work shed. That day when we finally got all of our stock out of the house and reclaimed the hallway, spare room and basically every single surface of the house, was a VERY. happy. day!!!
Feeling really lucky and grateful that we followed our instincts and took the plunge into this new and exciting life. Working hard, taking risks and it's paying off. The new year has started with a bang and our inbox has copped a smashing with loads of CRAZY opportunities. Like, totally ridiculous. We'll tell you all about those real soon.
Thanks for reading guys. May your 2014 be fulfilling and happy X